- How To: Clean Makeup Brushesbobby Pins And Lip Gloss Kit
- How To: Clean Makeup Brushesbobby Pins And Lip Gloss -
- How To: Clean Makeup Brushesbobby Pins And Lip Gloss At Home
- How To: Clean Makeup Brushesbobby Pins And Lip Gloss Set
Scroll To See More Images
The ’90s are back in a big way, and as far as we in the beauty world ar concerned, we couldn’t be happier. matte skin! Big hair! Curls galore! Yep, we’re into it.
But there’s one trend that we’ve been a little slower to embrace: brown lipstick. Even though it’s been all over the red carpet, we’ve had a hard time working it into our daily makeup routine. We rocked it back in the day, okay? Isn’t it a little dated?
No way; when deployed correctly, brown is actually the perfect lip color—and we’ve got proof. Here’s exactly how to wear brown lipstick without looking like a ’90s throwback.
If you do, you should wash your brushes at least once a week, but no longer than every 2 ish weeks. If you constantly use gross makeup brushes, you run a bigger risk of infections and it can make you more prone to breakouts. Nobody wants that, obviously, so take out 15 minutes of your day to get clean! Trust me, your face will thank you for it. The line includes five “essentials” that scream LC. Yes, there’s black eyeliner, of course!You don’t have to wait to try it out. Lauren Conrad Beauty is already here.
1. Mix it with pink.
Not all browns are created equal—if you’re looking for a soft and pretty way to ease into this trend, consider looking for a shade with a hefty dose of pink. These rosy colors are really easy to wear (not to mention flattering on every skin tone). We love MAC Lipstick in Twig ($17, MAC Cosmetics), a beautifully warm rosy brown with a satin finish that is truly stunning.
2. Embrace liner.
Brown lipliner doesn’t have to be totally Pam Anderson—if you choose a rich shade and blend it correctly, it’s the perfect way to add dimension to your lips. Trace the perimeter of your lips with a rich brown shade, blending it inward with short, feathery strokes. Add a touch of pink-brown lipstick to the center of your mouth, and press your lips together to blend. The two shades will blend together to create a stunning ombre lip that nods to the grunge look of the ’90s without looking like you’re wearing a costume.
If brown lipstick is still a little too intense for you, tap some of the color from the bullet onto your finger, and then onto your lips. This wash of brown looks especially amazing with a smudgy, smokey eye in shades of slate and grey—you don’t want anything too perfect!
How To: Clean Makeup Brushesbobby Pins And Lip Gloss Kit
If traditional red-brown lipstick shades aren’t quite right for you, try a copper-brown instead. Slightly sparkly orange-brown shades like Lancome Color Design Lipstick in Check Me Out ($22.50, Lancome) are especially flattering on deeper skin tones.
5. Get glossy.
Though they don’t have the staying power of other lip colors, a high-shine gloss can be the perfect way to wear brown lipstick. We love NARS Lip Gloss in Supervixen ($26, Sephora), which isn’t just the perfect glossy brown, it also adds some subtle sparkle to our kissers—talk about the perfect party lip! Make sure your outline is especially perfect before (and after) applying your lacquer—one teeny smudge can really detract from the lip look you’re trying to create.
How To: Clean Makeup Brushesbobby Pins And Lip Gloss -
7. Make matte work.
So you’ve gone for it and are rocking a flawless brown lip—now what other makeup do you pair it with? No matter the shade you land on, we love the look of clean, dewey skin and defined (never clumpy) mascara worn with amazing brown lips. A little carefully placed highlight on the cheekbones and above the Cupid’s bow of the lips, and you’re set!
Grow your business with the top ecommerce apps free. 8. Embrace your dark side.
If you’re going for a really advanced level of difficulty, a very deep brown lipstick could be for you. We especially love a vampy near-black shade paired with metallic copper eyelids and amazing skin—simple, sleek, unbelievably elegant.
More from Daily Makeover:How to Wear Orange Lipstick Without Looking Like a Pumpkin
A smile that adds a twinkle to your eyes makes life so very beautiful.
A smile just makes you happier! Adding some color to that smile is icing on cake. A lip gloss leaves your lips sticky and a lipstick needs constant touch ups. Hassle.
A better option is the lip stain. They stay for long and are not sticky at all. Added advantage is that you can make it yourself.
Why use lip stains?
- Even color
- Sober finish
- More staying power
- If they are homemade, no chemicals either
Usually being thin, lip stains give a natural tint of color to your lips. It’s easy to prepare the natural lip stains. Some fruits and vegetables from your kitchen may turn into your natural lip stain with simple steps.
Let’s delve into preparing our own lip stains with some yummy recipes.Check below for some interesting yummy lip stain recipes that you can make of your own.
Best Natural Lip Stains – Preparation Methods
Natural Lip Stain With Berries:
How To: Clean Makeup Brushesbobby Pins And Lip Gloss At Home
Choose berries of different kinds to achieve the colour you want, ranging from pinks, reds to purples.
- Mash four berries well and extract the pure juice from them.
- This juice can be applied over your lips and allowed to dry for a natural stain. However, adding a bit of olive oil or Vaseline gives a glossy look to your lips.
- You can even add a touch of espresso powder for a darker hue
Beetroot Lip Stain for Pigmented Lips:
Berry stain is a delicate tinted color. In case we need to beautify pigmented lips. Beetroots can hide them and give a lovely dark tint.
- Grate half a teaspoon of beeswax and melt it in a double boiler.
- A teaspoon of olive oil should be added to this melted beeswax .Immediately switch off the stove
- Now mix required beetroot powder to the mixture and stir well.Alternatively you can use strained mashed beetroot pulp.
- Store this lip stain in a small and clean container. Regular use of this lip stain results in soft and pink lips.
[ Read: Benefits of Beetroot ]
So, are you ready? Which natural lip stain recipe you are going to try at home?
As a quickie you can also opt for a convenient lip stain that is not natural .Chip an eyeshadow and add a bit of rose water to it. Apply this colored liquid on your lips and allow drying for a quick and long lasting lip stain. Make sure to use a good branded eyeshadow for this.
As a fun experiment try using children drink powders like Strawberry or cherry kool aids / rasna. Mix with a teeny amount of water and layer on using fingers / Ear buds.
These natural ingredients give a good healthy look. They will nourish and hydrate your skin too.
A few tips to remember for DIY stains
- Always store the lip stains in the fridge or in the freezer for longevity
- Check the stains periodically for any fungal growth as they are preservative free
- You can even use these stains as blushers or cheek stains. Simply Dot and blend
Did you like this article? Do comment and tell us!
- Top 50 Hairstyles For Professional Women - August 22, 2012
- Shiny Nails Secret - August 20, 2012
- Greasy Scalp and Brittle Ends – How to Treat? - July 31, 2012
- 9 Simple Shahnaz Hussain Beauty Secrets For Face - June 18, 2012
- How To Make Natural Lip Stains – 2 DIY Lip Stain Recipes - April 21, 2012