This wikiHow teaches you how to use iMovie on your Mac computer. IMovie is a free video-editing program that comes included with most Macs. Click the iMovie app icon, which resembles a white video camera and star on a purple. There's no need to even download iMovie for Mac, as it’s already included, for free. A companion iMovie app is also available for iPhones and iPads, and makes it easy to edit on the go. For all of us who have hours of video clips from birthday parties, travel adventures, and other special life events, being able to create memorable movies out. How to Import DVD to iMovie for Free. Get the DVD Ripper. Prior to the DVD conversion, free download the freeware and run it on Mac. Download the free DVD converter (100% clean and free) Step 2. Load the DVD Movie. Then click 'DVD Disc', 'DVD Folder', 'ISO' to import the DVD movie. The software will automatically detect the correct.
For Mac users, iMovie (HD 6, '08, '09, 10.0), developed by Apple used on Mac OS X, iPad or iPhone, is a professional editing software application to add credits to your videos. With it, you can make your imposing trailers and HD movies from all footage by adding titles and various kinds of effects to create personalized video. Above are the instructions on how to burn a DVD on a Mac from iMovie. IDVD is free and armed with an extremely intuitive interface, making it effortless to create a DVD from iMovie.
Here we show you how to use green screen in iMovie on your Mac and iOS based devices. It is then easier to change your videos’ background to anything you want.
iPhone Video Editing Tips
Edit Videos on iPhone
Other Video Editing Tips
If you have ever dabbled into editing videos, you have likely heard the term green screen. It is being thrown around in the video editing industry a lot and it holds an important place in the whole editing scene. It is because of this green screen that you are able to see various items in your movies and videos.
In the following guide, you will learn exactly what the green screen is and how you can use in the iMovie on your Mac and iPhone. Once you’ve learned how to use it in your videos, you will find that changing backgrounds is just a matter of clicking a button.
How to Add Music to iMovie on iPhone >
What is the Best Video Editor for iPhone >
Part 1: What is iMovie Green Screen
Before you go ahead and learn how to do green screen in iMovie, you will want to know what it is exactly. Green screen is actually a green element put behind the main object in videos. It is used in post-processing of the videos wherein an editor replaces the green screen with anything they want. A green screen is a replaceable element and you can change it to whatever you like.
For example, if you shoot a video of yourself standing in front of a wall with the wall having a green color on it, you can then customize that green part of the video in your video editing app. You can replace it with waterfalls, sky, ocean, or anything you can think of and make people think you actually were in front of those places.
Part 2: How to Use Green Screen in iMovie on Mac
Now that you know what green screen is, you may want to try it out in your videos. If you use Apple’s Mac and iPhone/iPad, using green screen in your videos becomes much easier than ever. It is because your devices have a free app available for them called iMovie that lets you use green screens.
iMovie is a free video editing app that allows you to edit your videos and add various effects to them on your devices. iMovie green screen can also be used on your Mac and iPhone to have replaceable elements in your videos. The following shows how to use green screen in iMovie on a Mac:
1. Click on Launchpad in your Dock, search for iMovie, and click on the app when it appears. The app will launch.
2. If you do not already have a project in the app, you will need to create one. Then, click on the option that says Import Media to add your video file to the app for editing.
Add Your Media to iMovie
3. Navigate to your video file on your Mac, click on it to select it, and click on the Import Selected button to import it to iMovie.
4. Drag and drop the video onto the timeline.
5. Click on the File menu at the top and select Import Media. Select the object you want to replace the green screen with.
6. Ensure both the video and the object are of the same length. Click on your object in the timeline, select the Video overlay settings option, and choose Green/Blue Screen from the dropdown menu. You can then play around with it to further enhance the effect of green screen.
Apply Green Screen Effect in iMovie on Mac
Part 3. How to Use Green Screen in iMovie on iDevices
iMovie green screen effect can also be achieved on an iPhone. Using the app on iPhone is as easy as it is on a Mac. The only thing that differs is a few options here and there and that is all.
1. Launch the iMovie app on your iPhone, tap on the Projects tab, and tap on Create Project.
2. Select the Movie as the project type and continue.
New Movie Project in iMovie
3. Select your green screen video from your gallery and tap on Create Movie.
4. When the video is added, tap on the + (plus) sign to add your image or anything that you want to replace the green screen with.
Add the Green Screen Object to the Video
5. Tap and hold on the photo and select Green/Blue screen option. Your green screen should be replaced with your chosen object.
Part 4. How to Add Video Effects in iMovie for iOS
iMovie has a ton of other video effects to add to your videos and make them more appealing and interesting. If you have not already explored them yet, you might want to do it now.
1. Launch the iMovie app on your iPhone and create a new project.
2. Select the media you would like to add to your video and tap on Create Movie.
3. On the movie editing screen, you will find several effects to add to your video. Tap on any of those and they will instantly be applied to your chosen video.
4. If you added something to your video and you do not like it, make sure not to save the video. The next time you launch the project, your chosen effect will be gone.
5. When you have finished editing your video and you feel it is good to go live, do not forget to save the changes.
How To Get Imovie For Free On Mac Os X
Your edited and saved video should be available in the Photos app for you to view. The video can still further be edited using iMovie if you want by relaunching the video in the app.
The Bottom Line
Green screen is an important part of video editing and it can be added to your videos using Apple’s very own iMovie app. Mac ac machine ac890 user manual. Since the app is available for both Mac and iOS platforms, you can use the green screen feature on both your Mac machines and iPhone/iPad devices.
More Related Articles
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
iMovie for Mac is a native video editing software developed by Apple to let you enjoy your videos like never before. You can easily browse your video clips and create Hollywood-style video trailers and stunning 4K movies. With iMovie for iOS, you can also edit videos on your iPhone or iPad and finish them on your Mac.
iMovie for Mac - general introduction and download instruction
Key features of iMovie for Mac
- • Offer dozens of animated titles and credits, 10 creative video filters, extra-special effects and built-in music, sound effects and voiceover recording functions;
- • Support share your creations to social media or sync across devices with iCloud;
- • Provide iOS version to let you edit everywhere with your iOS devices;
- • Support 4K video product editing and exporting easily.
How to download iMovie for Mac
You can easily download iMovie for Mac from Apple official website. If you have a new Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch after 1st Sep. 2013, you can get access to iMovie without extract cost. The latest version of iMovie is iMovie 10 which is compatible for OS X 10.11.2 or later. If your system is older than this, you can first check if your Mac has iMovie already for the old version or you can try to upgrade your system to the latest version to get the new iMovie.
Get iMovie for Mac here:
The best alternative to iMovie for Mac - Mac Video Converter Ultimate
Mac Video Converter Ultimate allows you to download, edit and convert videos including 4K videos and homemade DVDs on Mac.
- • Support editing any video or audio files on Mac;
- • Upscale video resolution, enhance video brightness or contrast and remove video noise;
- • Provide rotating and flipping video tools;
- • Add external subtitle, audio track and multi-audio track to video;
- • Download videos including 4K/1080P from YouTube, Vevo, Vimeo, etc.;
- • Rip homemade DVD with ease.
Other 4 great alternatives to iMovie for Mac
How To Get Imovie For Free On Macbook
No. 2 Alternative to iMovie for Mac - Free Video Editor for Mac
Free Video Editor for Mac is a free video editing software to let you edit various video formats like MP4, MOV, etc. on your Mac.
- • Allow you to rotate you video to 90 degree or flip video vertically or horizontally;
- • Crop video with optional modes include Pan & Scan, Letterbox, Medium and Full;
- • Clip and join the video and audio file with easy operation;
- • Support 300+ video and audio formats editing and converting.
No. 3 Alternative to iMovie for Mac - Kdenlive
Kdenlive is a free and open-source video editing software for Mac users with supporting all the formats supported by FFmpeg or libav.
- • Support multi-track editing with one timeline and an unlimited number of video and audio tracks;
- • Editing tools including creating, moving, cropping and deleting video/audio/image clips;
- • Offer a wide range of effects and transitions;
- • Support adding custom effects and transitions.
No. 4 Alternative to iMovie for Mac - Shotcut
Shotcut is free and open-source video editor that makes even advanced editing straightforward and a brilliant tool for novice videographers.
- • Support many video and audio formats and codec;
- • Offer multi-format timeline like mix and match resolutions and frame rates in a project;
- • Offer fully customizable filters;
- • With clear and well-designed interface.
No. 5 Alternative to iMovie for Mac - VideoLAN Movie Creator
VideoLAN Movie Creator (VLMC) is a non-linear editing software for video creation based on libVLC and running on Mac, Windows and Linux.
- • Based on the proven VLC framework;
- • Simple to use but with powerful video editing functions;
- • Read everything and can export to most video and audio formats;
- • Completely free without spyware, ads or user tracking.
What do you think of this post?
Rating: 4.9 / 5 (based on 110 votes)
May 02, 2018 15:58 / Updated by Jenny Ryan to iMovie, Video Editing
- iMovie for Windows - Get Best iMovie Alternative for Windows
Get the best 10 iMovie for Windows software and learn how to use in on your Windows 10/8/7 to edit videos.
- 4 Ways to Export iMovie Video and Project
This post will show you four ways to export iMovie to MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, etc. and share on YouTube, iTunes, etc.
- How to Save iMovie on Mac
How to save an iMovie? You can learn how to save iMovie project in this post