Apple Safari version 14, released for macOS in September 2020, will no longer load Adobe Flash Player or play Flash content. Please visit Apple’s Safari support for more information. For Mac OS X 10.11, macOS 10.12, and later Open Safari, and choose Safari Preferences. Hello, i have a mac os-x 10.3.9 power pc g5 my wife is unable to logon/use facebook-yoville-ect appears to be issue w/adobe flash. How do i uninstall and then reinstall adobe for this mac? Thank you, read more.
Adobe has withdrawn support for its Flash Player. Yeah, he’s officially dead. And the company recommends users uninstall Flash Player for security reasons. If you have used Adobe Flash Player on your system in the past and want to remove it from your PC, here is how to remove Adobe Flash Player on Mac in 2021.
In 2017, Adobe officially announced that support for Adobe Flash Player would be available in 2020. Adobe has encouraged developers to move to other formats such as HTML5, WebGL and WebAssembly. The main reason for disabling access to flash memory is security. And Flash content is not compatible with mobile platforms like iOS and Android. Adobe now requires users to remove Adobe Flash Player and its plug-in from PC and Mac computers.
Here is the official Adobe statement:
Since the release of Adobe Flash Player after 31 years. December 2020 and the implementation of Flash content in Flash Player is no longer supported as of January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users to uninstall Flash Player immediately to protect their systems.
Although Flash Player removal on PC and Mac is not that difficult, there are some steps you need to follow.
Before uninstalling Adobe Flash from your Mac, you can check whether it is available on your Mac or not. Go to System Preferences by clicking on the Apple icon > System Preferences > look for the Flash icon. If there is no Flash icon, it means Flash is not available on your Mac and you are ready to go.
If Adobe Flash Player is available on your Mac, you should first know the version number of your Mac OS. You can check the version of your operating system by clicking the Apple icon > About This Mac > Check MacOS Version Number.
To uninstall Adobe Flash Player on a Mac
Is There Adobe Flash Player For Mac
To remove Adobe Flash Player, you need to download the uninstaller, so check your operating system version. You can follow the steps above to verify this. It also resets the Adobe Flash auto-update settings. You can use the links below to download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller for your Mac.
Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller:
Learn how to remove Adobe Flash from Mac OS X version 10.4 or higher.
- First of all, you need to download Adobe Flash Player to remove it on your Mac. Before downloading, make sure you have checked the version of your operating system by following the instructions above.
- After downloading, you can double click on the downloaded file to run it.
- A new window will open with an uninstaller that you can double-click to run, and have it run when prompted.
- Now click the Uninstall Adobe Flash Player button, close the browser before clicking the Uninstall button.
- When the uninstallation process is complete, you can click Finish.
- Now delete the Adobe Flash Player directory by pointing it to this location, /Library/Settings/Macromedia/Flash Player, and delete this directory.
- Also move this folder to the trash, /Library/Cache/Add/Flash.
- Then restart your Mac.
- Here’s how.
Learn how to remove Adobe Flash from Mac OS X versions 10.1 to 10.3.
- First, you need to download the uninstaller from the links above.
- Then double-click the downloaded file and run it when prompted.
- Now click the button to uninstall. Make sure the Windows browser is closed when it is open.
- When the uninstallation is complete, the uninstaller will automatically close.
- Here’s how.
You can also check the availability of Adobe Flash Player by clicking on this link.
You might also like this – how to install Safari Extensions on your Mac [tutorial].
If you have a wish, please write it in the comment box. Share this article with your friends too.
Other articles :
Is There Adobe Flash For Mac Download
adobe flash player uninstaller mac, how to uninstall adobe flash player on windows 10, uninstall flash player mac 2020, should i uninstall adobe flash player mac, adobe flash player uninstall message, adobe flash player install manager, adobe flash player uninstaller mac keeps popping up, adobe uninstaller