- Powerpoint 2011 For Mac Compatibility With Windows 10
- Powerpoint 2011 For Mac Compatibility With Windows Xp
- Powerpoint 2011 For Mac Compatibility With Windows 8.1
Full list of fonts available in both Office for Mac and Office for Windows. The following fonts are available on both. Macintosh OSX 10.4 with Office 2011 for Mac and; Windows 8 with Office 2013 for Windows; You can use these fonts in Office documents, knowing that anyone who gets the file – using Windows or Mac will see it using the same fonts.
Tip: Learn more about Solid Fills in our Solid Fills for Shapes in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac tutorial. This brings up the Mac OS X Color picker, as shown in Figure 5. Here, click the Show More Options button, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 5. Microsoft Office for Mac 2011. If you are not interested in purchasing an additional application or just prefer to use the Mac OS X operating system, purchase a copy of Microsoft Office for Mac OS X, which, like its Windows counterpart, includes Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
PowerPoint provides an option to fill any shape with a solid fill color easily. But what if you want a specific color to be filled? Maybe youneed to use specific colors that are part of your company's corporate identity. In that case, you will need to get an RGB value of that color. Sowhat is RGB? RGB stands for Red, Green, and Blue, and each of these three colors possesses a value within theRGB color model. Let's now imagine that you have a particular RGB value that you wantto use as a fill for any shape; follow the steps below to learn how to add a rectangle of the color.
Made it.. mr. mac's virtual existence date. The color provided to us has the following RGB values:
Follow these steps to explore more:
- Insert a Rectangle shape on your slide inPowerPoint 2011, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Rectangle being inserted
- Right-click the Rectangle and choose the Format Shape option from the resultant contextual menu, as shownhighlighted in red within Figure 2.
Figure 2: Format Shape option within the right-click contextual menu
- This brings up the Format Shape dialog box, as shown in Figure 3, below. Make sure you select theFill option (highlighted in red within Figure 3) on the sidebar. On theright side of Format Shape dialog box select the Solid tab, as shown highlighted inblue within Figure 3.
Figure 3: Format Shape dialog box
- Now, click the Color button (highlighted in red within Figure 4) tobring up the Color drop-down menu, as shown in Figure 4. Within the Color drop-down menu, selectthe More Colors option (highlighted in blue within Figure 4).
Figure 4: More Colors option
- This brings up the Mac OS X Color picker, as shown in Figure 5. Here, click the Show More Options button, as shown highlighted in red withinFigure 5.
Figure 5: Mac OS X Color picker
- This brings up more options within the Mac OS X Color picker. Now, click the Color Sliders button,as shown highlighted in red within Figure 6.
Figure 6: Color Sliders button
- Figure 7, below shows the options within the Color Sliders. Click on theGray Scale Slider option (highlighted in red within Figure 7).
Figure 7: Options within Color Sliders
- This brings up a drop-down menu, as shown in Figure 8. Within the drop-down menu select theRGB Sliders option, shown highlighted in red within Figure 8.
Figure 8: RGB Sliders option
- In Figure 9, below you can see the RGB Sliders activated within theMac OS X Color picker. Now, change the RGB values to match the RGB values for the colorCyan, that you saw previously on this page. In Figure 9 you can see the changed RGB values(highlighted in red). Then, click the OK button.
Figure 9: RGB values changed within the Mac OS X Color picker
- This will take you back to Format Shape dialog box. Here, click the OK button. Your Rectangle shapewill be filled with the color Cyan as you can see in Figure 10.
Figure 10: Rectangle's color changed to Cyan
- Save your presentation often.
You can similarly use RGB values everywhere within PowerPoint.
The Compatibility Report tab is the last tab within the Toolbox inPowerPoint 2011 for Mac. This tab helps you if the presentations you create in PowerPoint 2011need to be shared with others who are using other versions of PowerPoint, on either the Mac or even on Microsoft Windows. Within this tab, you can checkcompatibility of any open presentation with other versions of PowerPoint. The Compatibility Report provides info on every compatibilityfeature for any version of PowerPoint since Office 97, and it can tell you whether objects (and other features) in your presentation are compatible withother versions. In addition, it also offers to fix some incompatibilities for you.
Powerpoint 2011 For Mac Compatibility With Windows 10
You use the Compatibility Report tool by starting at the top and working your way down. All the options within theCompatibility Report tab are explained below, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Compatibility Report within Toolbox
Let us now explore all options within the Compatibility Report tab of the Toolbox, as marked in Figure 1, above:
A. Check compatibility with
Click this drop-down list to display versions of PowerPoint you want your presentation to be compatiblewith, as shown in Figure 2. You can opt to make your presentation compatible with a particular Windows or Mac PowerPoint version, orwith all of them.
Figure 2: PowerPoint versions list
B. Check / Recheck Document
Click to start checking / re-checking your presentation based on the compatibility you want (refer toFigure 2 above).
This section displays potential problem(s).
If it is possible to fix the potential problem(s), the Fix option will not be grayed out. Note that,formatting or other changes will be made by clicking the Fix option. You may have to manually fix certain other problems.
This option enables you to ignore instances of the selected problem. Click the small downward arrow to choose from theIgnore Once, Ignore All, and Don't Show Again options (see Figure 3).
Figure 3: Ignore drop-down list
Powerpoint 2011 For Mac Compatibility With Windows Xp
This option opens Office Help.
Powerpoint 2011 For Mac Compatibility With Windows 8.1
Select the potential problem(s) within the Result section (refer to point C above) to see an explanation about thatproblem within this section.