Windows Photo Viewer should be available on devices that were upgraded from previous versions of Windows to Windows 10. Do the following to find out if that is indeed the case: Right-click on any image on the Windows 10 machine and select Open With Choose another app. Select 'More apps' if Windows Photo Viewer is not listed. Windows Photo Viewer is amongst the least complicated photo viewer designed for Windows PC. It is out there since Windows XP and all the later versions have this too. But, surprisingly, Microsoft. Enable Windows Photo Viewer pe Windows 10. Download and unzip: Activate-Windows-Photo-Viewer-on-Windows10 th. Inside the archive, double-click on the “Activate Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10 '3. Click 'Yes' to allow running in UAC and click 'Yes' to allow entry in the registers. Registry Editor. Click 'OK' to confirm the change. Photo viewer for Windows 10 Windows Photo Viewer isn't part of Windows 10, but if you upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you might still have it. To check, press and hold (or right-click) a photo in File Explorer, and select Open with. If Windows Photo Viewer isn't in the list, you cannot install it on Windows 10.
Windows 10 comes with a range of new applications for using your files, one of these is ‘Photos’ which replaces Windows Photo Viewer (also known as Windows Picture and Fax Viewer) from Windows 7 and 8.
If you preferred the old Windows Photo Viewer the good news is you can re-enable it in Windows 10.
There are two ways to bring back the Windows Photo Viewer –
- Uninstall the Photos app – this will automatically re-enable the Windows Photo Viewer application and set it to handle all your image types – see Windows 10 – How to uninstall Photos app
- Install a registry modification and manually assign each image type to open in the Windows Photo Viewer application – see steps below.
How to restore Windows Photo Viewer manually
Step 1 – Install registry modification
Windows Picture And Fax Viewer Windows 10
Windows Photo Viewer Windows 10 Missing
- Download Windows10-RestorePhotoViewer.zip
- Open ZIP file
- Run Windows10-RestorePhotoViewer.reg
- When prompted, choose ‘Yes’ to import registry setting
Step 2 – Set Windows Picture and Fax Viewer as default app
Once the registry modification is installed you can choose Windows Photo Viewer as the default profile for images.
- Make sure you have done step 1 above
- Right click on an image, choose ‘Open with’ then ‘Choose another app’
- Scroll to the bottom of the list, click on ‘More apps’
- From the list, select Windows Photo viewer’
- Tick ‘Always use this app to open .png files’ and click ‘OK’
- PNG files will now open in Windows Photo Viewer – you will need to repeat this process for other image file types as you come across this (e.g. jpg, jpeg, tiff, gif).
Stuck app store download macmultiever. Reference: http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/8930-windows-photo-viewer-gone-2.html#post290818